Monday, August 1, 2011

Let's Get This Shop On The Road

I have been slow to update my Etsy shop, but I promise it is on the way.  Yesterday, I discovered my TV was not functioning properly and was not playing any sound. I promptly turned it off, went into the room which I will no longer call my office and now call my "Studio", and got to crackin' on some fine baby gear.

Here is a photographic tour of events.

Big pile of washed fat quarters. Not the most fun part.


Ironing. So much ironing.


Faithful helper. 


The "Happy Camper".  Thanks for the creative "consultation", Lindsay!


Take that, cupcake!


Had to run out for more supplies.  
Saw this at intersection.  
Really?
 (In case you cannot read it, the window clearly states "RIP Grampa".)


Joann promptly closed at 6 pm this Sunday evening.  I arrived at 6:03.
This left me no choice but to go to my neighborhood Super Walmart, which I loathe. 
 No other craft section in my small suburb.

This is how I feel about Walmart.


Luckily I had this kicky number to help me through the drive through the massive, endless expanse of parking lot, which as usual includes a plethora of Walmart Walkers.  See folks, people in Walmart parking lots walk out in front of cars in a way that exists in no other place in all the land.


Line was pathetically long at every checkstand. I just need some Heat and Bond, people!!  All I need is clear quilting thread!

My 10-year-old self really wanted this CD from the $5 bin. My 30-year-old self wanted the $5.


After about 10 minutes, the line had dwindled down to "just" this.  


I decided to double check onesie prices at my local Navy Exchange, which the "usuals" refer to as the NEX, but I am never a usual and refer to it as the Nexchange.  I checked the hours on the door and was delighted at 6:54 to discover they did not close until 2000 (military store, military time on the door, my friends).  So imagine my surprise when oogling the tiny pieces of garment, when a voice "reminded" me that my local NEX was closing in 5 minutes.  Fridge!!  So I grabbed me some itty bitty onesies, and hightailed it out of there.  Of course, I had time to visit my dreamboat of a camera.  

Hello there, pretty lady.  Can I buy you a fish sandwich?

 


1 comment:

  1. This is why you need a blog, it's so hilarious to read!!

    ReplyDelete