Saturday, August 13, 2011

Once Upon A Time, I Went to the Fair

It was not a glorious fair.  But fun, nonetheless. Here are things I noticed/learned/observed, in no particular order:


1: There are a lot of oddly shaped people out there.  And I really mean shaped.  All kids of shapes and sizes.  Good people watching at the fair.

2: Mullets are alive and well.

3: $1 will buy you about 3 oz of fair wine. 

4: Children cannot go in the wine garden. Even babies who clearly cannot walk, talk, or grasp anything with any real efficiency. 

5: You will get carded even while holding said baby.  "Just because you have a baby doesn't mean you are 21!

6: People say the wrong things while carding you. People who should know better.  Example:

            -Man at wine booth about to put foot in mouth: "I better see your ID.
           
- I show man my ID.

-Mean man at wine booth after looking at me, then checking my age: "Wow,
  you're young!"

-Me about to school wine man on proper ID etiquette: "That is not what you 
   are  supposed to say.  How about, 'wow, you sure don't look 30!"

-Wine insulter: "That's what I said!"

-Spring Chicken Me disagrees.  He did NOT say that.

7: Funnel cakes fulfilled all my hopes and dreams for first funnel cake 
      experience.

8: Piglets are cute.

9: Horses still scare the living bejeeze out of me.

10: Babies at fairs are cute, even when they eat a leaf and throw up.  Still cute!

11: When did the fair get so expensive?

12:  It's fun to fake a birthday at Red Robin, especially when it's a 6-year-old’s    
        idea. 


No comments:

Post a Comment